Flour Bluff Independent School District welcomes media outlets to provide coverage of any and all athletic events. To ensure the safety of student athletes, staff, spectators and media groups, FBISD requires all media to submit a media credential request at the start of each school year. The request will be reviewed and an appropriate media pass will be issued once the media outlet has been approved.
Only individuals with a Flour Bluff ISD issued media pass will be allowed access to designated areas in the Press Boxes and/or the playing fields of Flour Bluff ISD Athletics. Areas include Hornet Stadium, Athletic Field House, Baseball Field, Softball Field, Tennis Courts, Natatorium, Varsity Gym and Wrynosky Gym.
Flour Bluff ISD Athletics is under the auspices of the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and adheres to similar guidelines and procedures set out in the UIL Media Policy.
- Media outlet must be a publication or broadcast program that regularly covers Flour Bluff ISD students, staff and the District via original content and featured stories. Media outlets include radio, television, newspapers, magazines and the Internet.
- Requester must be employed (full-time or part-time) with the media outlet requesting credentials. Individuals who freelance with a media outlet will not be granted a media pass.
- Any media outlet requesting credentials must have been in business for at least one full calendar year and provided coverage of Flour Bluff ISD students, staff and/or the District for at least one full year.
- Flour Bluff ISD student-led organization or class whose purpose is to provide coverage of Flour Bluff ISD students, staff and/or the District via featured stories, photographs and/or video.
Individuals who receive media credentials for Flour Bluff ISD Athletic events agree to the following:
- Adhere to areas designated for Media/Press only
- Individuals granted sideline access of the football field must stay at least 5 yards off the sideline to allow for coaches, umpires and players room to maneuver. In addition, individuals with sideline access must stay between the 25 yard line and the end zone of either end of the field.
- Football games may not be telecast or streamed live during the game. Games can be broadcasted or streamed online one hour after the conclusion of the game.
- Broadcast or stream of any sports game should be no more than three minutes long and be used for highlight purposes only.
- No flash photography.
Flour Bluff ISD reserves the right to refuse or revoke a media credential of any noncompliance with the District’s media credential policy, for causing a disturbance or for any conduct unfitting for a school sanctioned event.